Having sensitive skin is like dealing with drama. On your face. The littlest thing can set it off, and overreaction is the norm. Whether it’s sun, dry air, soap, or shaving - if you have sensitive skin, you never know when to expect a flare up. Let’s talk about what this condition really is, and the best men’s face wash for sensitive skin.
Men’s Sensitive Skin 101
What is sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is exactly what it sounds like. It’s when your skin overreacts to things that shouldn’t irritate it. It is annoying, uncomfortable, and hard to manage. From a medical standpoint, sensitive skin can be identified by:
- Really dry skin. So dry that the nerve endings are not protected as they should be. This is where major discomfort can come from.
- Skin that is prone to looking red. Are you blushing? If you have sensitive skin, blushing can be more common.
- Outbreaks including skin bumps which are sometimes filled with pus.
What causes sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is often caused by genetic factors. But other than sending a grumpy text to your parents about the skin they passed on to you, you’re not going to be able to change the genes you inherit. But the good news is that when treated well with the right face wash, men with sensitive skin can keep things cool and calm.
Is it just genetics? No way. There are tons other factors that can cause sensitive skin to act up, which is partly why sensitive skin is so tricky to treat. Here are some reasons you may have sensitive skin reactions:
- You have a skin condition like eczema or rosacea.
- You have allergies that are causing skin sensitivity. Allergies can be to environmental factors like pollen, foods like nuts, or products like certain soaps.
- The elements are getting to you. Long ski vacation or a weekend on the beach? Significant exposure to either hot or cold air can cause sensitive skin to act up.
- Your skin doesn’t like your products (soap, aftershave, laundry detergent, etc.)
While you can have sensitive skin anywhere on your body, the face is the place we often get the worst reactions. This makes sense because think about it: your face takes a lot of abuse. Between shaving, hot showers, soap, sun exposure, and harsh aftershaves, it’s no surprise the skin on your face tends to give you trouble.
While you can’t change factors like genetics or allergies, the good news is that you can take steps to keep your sensitive skin as drama-free as possible, especially with the right men’s face wash.
Should I use face wash if I have sensitive skin?
You do want to use face wash if you are a guy with sensitive skin, but you’ve got to be super careful with which one you’re going for. If it seems like face wash is making your sensitive skin worse, it’s because you’re using the wrong product. A good face wash is important because it can not only clean the skin, but can also help sooth irritation. A jumbo bottle of man’s face wash you find at the drug store is often going to be too harsh. If you use the wrong face wash, you’re going to end up making your sensitive skin worse. It can be a vicious cycle.
What is the best men’s face wash for sensitive skin?
We would argue that the best men’s face wash for sensitive skin is our Daily Power Scrub. It is formulated to work specifically on sensitive skin, and this daily facial cleanser is made with premium ingredients that are natural and organic. It not only cleans your skin but also tones and protects it. Besides, this stuff is also loaded up with vitamins and minerals that help to regenerate damaged skin.
Why is this face wash the best for men with sensitive skin? Science. Let’s look at the ingredients…
Ingredients in our Daily Power Scrub for men with sensitive skin
The ingredients in our Daily Power Scrub are what make it the best face wash for a man with sensitive skin. In no particular order, here are some of the ingredients that make Rugged & Dapper’s face wash for sensitive skin an excellent choice:
- Aloe vera. We know you’ve heard of this one. Aloe vera is basically a miracle ingredient for men with sensitive skin. This plant actually contains hormones that reduce skin inflammation and it has antibacterial properties. On top of that, it provides deep hydration. Lots of good stuff.
- Oregano oil. Sounds like it’s for breadsticks, really it’s for your face. There’s something called a carvacrol compound that’s in oregano oil. This compound is known for working to clear up acne and rashes, which is what makes it a great player in our team of face wash ingredients.
- Burdock root. This root helps with psoriasis and acne because of its polyacetylenes. Sure, “polyacetylenes” is a sciency-word, but basically it means that burdock root has antibiotic and antifungal properties. Why is this so important? Because it fights acne-causing bacteria when a man with sensitive skin uses this in a face wash.
- Tea tree oil. Did you know that tea tree oil can be used to ease toothache pain, fight athlete's foot, and ear infections? Not only that, but tea tree oil is an important ingredient in several Rugged & Dapper products, including our Daily Facial Scrub for men with sensitive skin. This ingredient has a boat-load of benefits including the ability to soothe dry and flaky skin, help prevent acne, and keep skin safe from irritants.
DOs and Do NOTs for picking facial products for men with sensitive skin
- DO choose products with natural, organic ingredients
- DO wash your face every day with a men’s face wash that’s designed for sensitive skin
- DO moisturize with a gentle moisturizer
- Do NOT choose products with strong fragrances
- Do NOT choose harsh products - they will irritate sensitive skin more
- Do NOT skimp on quality. It is worth buying premium products to protect your skin
We are sure our Daily Power Scrub is a good fit for men with sensitive skin. That’s why we offer a 60 day, 100% satisfaction + effectiveness guarantee. If you purchase a product from our website, and you are not satisfied, we will refund your money. We believe in our products. You can learn more about our men’s sensitive skin face wash here.